The History of Elfin Cove
Elfin Cove lies on the northern shore of Chichagof Island, 33 miles west of Hoonah. It lies at approximately 58° 11' N Latitude, 136° 20' W Longitude (Sec. 25, T042S, R055E, Copper River Meridian).
The community is located in the Sitka Recording District. The area encompasses 11 sq. miles of land and 11 sq. miles of water.
The village has appeared on maps since 1930. A post office was established in 1935.
To Community Histories Index
Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development