The History of Sutton
Sutton is on the Glenn Highway, 11 miles northeast of Palmer in the Mat-Su Borough. It lies at approximately 61° 42' N Latitude, 148° 53' W Longitude
(Sec. 27, T019N, R003E, Seward Meridian). The community is located in the Palmer Recording District. The area encompasses 6 sq. miles of land and 0 sq.
miles of water.
It was founded around 1918 as a station on the Matanuska Branch of the Alaska Railroad. The post office was established in 1948.
To Community Histories Index
Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development