Images of Carcross, Yukon
Life on the Edge: Images of Carcross, Yukon Territory
St. Saviour's Anglican Church was built in 1904 with funds raised in eastern Canada by Mrs. Charlotte Bompas, wife of the Yukon Bishop. It was moved to the north side of the river in 1917, following donation of the property to the church by the WP&YR. It was moved across the water on a scow and hauled up the BYN steamboat ways. This photo, taken
on March 28, 2003 at 09:40, has Brute Peak as the background.
This photograph is © 2003-2015 by Murray Lundberg, and is not to be copied without express permission.