The historic Kiskatinaw Bridge, the last of the original wooden bridges built on the highway. It is accessed by a loop road at Km 27.8. Construction of the bridge by civilian contractors began in November 1942; 534 feet (162.5 meters) long, it curves 9 degrees along its length. It had a weight limit of 25 tons, and the large number of trucks exceeding that weight made construction of a new bridge necessary by the 1970s. This photo was taken on a frosty morning in early October 2002.
This photograph is © 2002-2012 by Murray Lundberg, and is not to be copied without express permission.