Km 550.2: Fort McPherson: At Km 550 there is a short side road to Fort McPherson. Saint Mathew's Anglican Church Cemetery here is the final resting place of
Inspector Francis Joseph Fitzgerald and the other members of The Lost Patrol,
a party of Mounted Police who perished nearby after getting lost in 1911. The men's bodies were found by a search team led by Corporal William John Duncan "Jack" Dempster,
in whose honour the highway is named.
This photograph is © 2016 by Murray Lundberg, and is not to be copied without express permission.