Edna Bay is a fishing community, originally named by the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey in 1904. Settlement was enabled by a State land disposal sale. A post office was established in 1943, but was transferred to Ketchikan in 1960.
To Community Histories Index Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development