The History of Fox
The community lies on the right bank of Fox Creek as it enters Goldstream Creek Valley, 10 miles northeast of Fairbanks. It is located at the junction of the Steese and Elliott Highways.
It lies at approximately 64° 57' N Latitude, 147° 37' W Longitude (Sec. 31, T002N, R001E, Fairbanks Meridian). The community is located in the Fairbanks Recording District. The area
encompasses 18 sq. miles of land and 0 sq. miles of water.
Fox was established as a mining camp prior to 1905. The Fox post office operated from 1908 through 1947.
To Community Histories Index
Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development