The History of Pauloff Harbor
Pauloff Harbor is located in the Aleutian Island Chain on the northern coast of Sanak Island, 50 miles southeast of False
Pass. It lies at approximately 54° 27' N Latitude, 162° 41' W Longitude (Sec. 16, T066S, R090W, Seward Meridian). The community
is located in the Aleutian Islands Recording District. The area encompasses 0 sq. miles of land and 0 sq. miles of water.
The community name differs from the harbor on which it is located - Pavlov Harbor. A post office was established here in 1949.
To Community Histories Index
Alaska DCCED Community Database Online
History and map graphic used with permission from the Alaska Department of Community and Economic Development