The old and the new Yellowknife. The building in the foreground is commonly called "the House of Horrors" due to the wild parties and card games held there in the 1940s. Built as a rooming house in 1938 by Alphonse Cyr, it's also been a barber shop and private home but has been abandoned for decades. The next building is a private residence, one of many new homes taking advantage of the views available in Old Town.
This photograph is © 2011 by Murray Lundberg, and is not to be copied without express permission.