Campgrounds and Rest Areas in the Yukon Territory
This Historic Site and Rest Area is located at Km 322.4 of the North Klondike Highway, 41.6 km north of the Braeburn Lodge and 33.4 km south of Carmacks. It has outhouses, garbage bins, picnic tables, interpretive panels, and the historic buildings of the Montague Roadhouse, which date back to 1909.
This is the last of 3 Montague Roadhouses that operated along the Overland Trail between Whitehorse and Dawson. Mike Cyr built this roadhouse about 3 kilometers northwest of the previous Montague roadhouses after the second one burned in 1909. This one operated into the 1940s.
See much more information, and photos of the interpretive panels, at our main Montague Roadhouse page.
The kilometer posts on the North Klondike Highway mark the mileage from the ferry terminal in Skagway, Alaska. Dawson City, the north end of the highway, is at Km 715.4.